Monday, August 22, 2016

Start Up Meetings for the New School Year

Hello staff,

Welcome back!  I am excited to start a new school year at Friendship and Holmes, continuing as your innovative learning coach.  This week, I will spend all of Monday at Friendship and all Tuesday at Holmes. I would love to start meeting with staff to think about the new school year.  

This is a great time to plan for communication management both within, and outside the classroom walls.  Think about how you can create a community of learners in your class with the many tools we have at our fingertips.  Here are a few ideas we can talk about and set-up together...

-Google Classroom (Manages assignments, due dates, messages, and more, all in one user-friendly dashboard for teachers.)

-Google Calendar (A place for students to stay organized and see assignments posted in Google Classroom)

-Remind (Parents and students receive updates via text message)
-Hapara (How can it help me?)

-Teacher or class Twitter (Sharing and connecting with others)

-Skyward (How can I email parents?)

-Google Forms (Creating interest inventories, sign-ups, etc.)

These are just a few of the more common tools to help facilitate communication with your students and parents.  If you would like to share your thoughts, I would love to plan with you and/or your team, to help you get rolling!

As always, I'm just an email away, or you can click on the link below to book a time.

I wish everyone a great start to the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment